Saturday, November 3, 2012

30 Days of Thanks - Day 2 & 3

Blogger would just not co-operate with me yesterday.  So I am doubling up today.

Yesterday, I was thankful to be employed in a job I enjoy, folks that make me smile, and for a respectable employer.  With the recession a few years back, and the recent local layoffs in my area, I have never been more thankful.  I work with the best group of guys, all of whom I consider to be friends.  They make going to work every day so much easier. 

Today, I am thankful for the food on my table.  Spent the afternoon cooking and baking, and I know not all have even the basic necessities.  The food bank in my area has been overwhelmed these last few weeks with the layoffs, and I have donated as much as I could.  Many in the town have stepped up and donated and volunteered, and it is wonderful to see the community rally around those in need.

What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment